* [GIT PULL] Hyper-V commits for 5.6-rc
@ 2020-03-05 15:59 Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2020-03-05 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Wei Liu, kys, sthemmin, linux-kernel, linux-hyperv, mikelley,
	sashal, haiyangz

Hi Linus,

Sasha Levin recently stepped down as the Hyper-V tree maintainer and I
(along with Haiyang Zhang) will be responsible for sending Hyper-V
patches to you.

This is mostly a "dry-run" attempt to sort out any wrinkles on my end.
If I have done something stupid, let me know.

Please pull from the signed tag below.

The following changes since commit 98d54f81e36ba3bf92172791eba5ca5bd813989b:

  Linux 5.6-rc4 (2020-03-01 16:38:46 -0600)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hyperv/linux.git
tags/hyperv-fixes-signed

for you to fetch changes up to 5313b2a58ef02e2b077d7ae8088043609e3155b0:

  HID: hyperv: NULL check before some freeing functions is not needed.
(2020-03-05 14:17:11 +0000)

- Update MAINTAINERS file for Hyper-V.
- One cleanup patch for Hyper-V HID driver.

Lucas Tanure (1):
      HID: hyperv: NULL check before some freeing functions is not needed.

Sasha Levin (1):
      Hyper-V: Drop Sasha Levin from the Hyper-V maintainers

Wei Liu (1):
      Hyper-V: add myself as a maintainer

 MAINTAINERS              | 2 +-
 drivers/hid/hid-hyperv.c | 6 ++----

* Re: [GIT PULL] Hyper-V commits for 5.6-rc
@ 2020-03-05 18:28 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-03-05 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu
	mikelley, Sasha Levin, haiyangz

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 9:59 AM Wei Liu <wei.liu@kernel.org> wrote:

> This is mostly a "dry-run" attempt to sort out any wrinkles on my end.
> If I have done something stupid, let me know.

Looks fine. I generally like seeing the commits being a bit older than
these are - you seem to have applied or rebased them not all that long
before sending the pull request. I prefer seeing that they've been in
linux-next etc, but for soemthing small like this I guess it doesn't
much matter. Next time?

Also, it would generally be lovely to see signatures of the old
maintainer on the new maintainer's pgp key when transitions like this
happen, but it's not like we've really required that in the past
either. Literally just a "that would be nice"

                Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] Hyper-V commits for 5.6-rc
@ 2020-03-05 18:45 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2020-03-05 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Liu
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Wei Liu, kys, sthemmin, linux-kernel,
	linux-hyperv, mikelley, sashal, haiyangz

The pull request you sent on Thu, 5 Mar 2020 15:59:02 +0000:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hyperv/linux.git tags/hyperv-fixes-signed

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/9f65ed5fe41ce08ed1cb1f6a950f9ec694c142ad

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/prtracker

* Re: [GIT PULL] Hyper-V commits for 5.6-rc
@ 2020-03-06 10:29   ` Wei Liu
From: Wei Liu @ 2020-03-06 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
	linux-hyperv, mikelley, Sasha Levin, haiyangz

On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 12:28:48PM -0600, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 9:59 AM Wei Liu <wei.liu@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > This is mostly a "dry-run" attempt to sort out any wrinkles on my end.
> > If I have done something stupid, let me know.
>
> Looks fine. I generally like seeing the commits being a bit older than
> these are - you seem to have applied or rebased them not all that long
> before sending the pull request. I prefer seeing that they've been in
> linux-next etc, but for soemthing small like this I guess it doesn't
> much matter. Next time?

Ack.

Those patches were applied not very long before sending the pull request
because I thought simple patches should be fine.

In the future I will let patches go in linux-next first.

Wei.