* [GIT PULL] printk for 5.8
@ 2020-06-12  8:40 Petr Mladek
From: Petr Mladek @ 2020-06-12  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Sergey Senozhatsky, Steven Rostedt, John Ogness, Andy Shevchenko,
	Rasmus Villemoes, Peter Zijlstra, linux-kernel, Daniel Thompson

Linus,

please pull one more printk fix from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/printk/linux tags/printk-for-5.8-kdb-nmi

==========================

+ Make sure that messages printed from KDB context are redirected to KDB
  console handlers. It did not work when KDB interrupted NMI or printk_safe
  contexts.

===========================

Arm people started hitting this problem more often recently. I forgot
to add the fix into the previous pull request by mistake.

Petr Mladek (1):
      printk/kdb: Redirect printk messages into kdb in any context

 kernel/printk/printk.c      | 14 +-------------
 kernel/printk/printk_safe.c |  7 +++++++

* Re: [GIT PULL] printk for 5.8
@ 2020-06-12 19:25 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2020-06-12 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Mladek
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Sergey Senozhatsky, Steven Rostedt, John Ogness,
	Andy Shevchenko, Rasmus Villemoes, Peter Zijlstra, linux-kernel,
	Daniel Thompson

The pull request you sent on Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:40:49 +0200:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/printk/linux tags/printk-for-5.8-kdb-nmi

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/5c2fb57af0f42550eb718a3b0b445c81ec923895

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/prtracker

* Re: [GIT PULL] printk for 5.8
@ 2020-06-01 19:35 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2020-06-01 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Mladek
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Sergey Senozhatsky, Steven Rostedt, John Ogness,
	Andy Shevchenko, Rasmus Villemoes, Peter Zijlstra, linux-kernel

The pull request you sent on Mon, 1 Jun 2020 13:47:24 +0200:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/printk/linux tags/printk-for-5.8

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/ca1f5df23f28228c46aa45d934abad38c6b6ff2e

Thank you!

--

@ 2020-06-01 11:47 Petr Mladek
From: Petr Mladek @ 2020-06-01 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Sergey Senozhatsky, Steven Rostedt, John Ogness, Andy Shevchenko,
	Rasmus Villemoes, Peter Zijlstra, linux-kernel

Linus,

please pull the latest printk changes from

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/printk/linux tags/printk-for-5.8

===============================

+ Benjamin Herrenschmidt solved problem with non-matched console aliases
  by first checking consoles defined on the command line. It is more
  conservative approach than the previous attempts.

+ Benjamin also made sure that the console accessible via /dev/console
  always has CON_CONSDEV flag.

+ Andy Shevchenko added %ptT modifier for printing struct time64_t.
  It extended the existing %ptR handling for struct rtc_time.

+ Bruno Meneguele fixed /dev/kmsg error value returned by unsupported SEEK_CUR.

+ Tetsuo Handa removed unused pr_cont_once().

+ And few small fixes.

==============================

Some changes were originally scheduled already for 5.7. I did not send them
because of non-working hands. We have switched to printk/linux.git with
shared write access to avoid such delays in the future.

Andy Shevchenko (4):
      lib/vsprintf: update comment about simple_strto<foo>() functions
      lib/vsprintf: Print time64_t in human readable format
      ARM: bcm2835: Switch to use %ptT
      usb: pulse8-cec: Switch to use %ptT

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (3):
      printk: Move console matching logic into a separate function
      printk: Fix preferred console selection with multiple matches
      printk: Correctly set CON_CONSDEV even when preferred console was not registered

Bruno Meneguele (1):
      kernel/printk: add kmsg SEEK_CUR handling

Ethon Paul (1):
      printk: Fix a typo in comment "interator"->"iterator"

Nathan Chancellor (1):
      printk: Convert a use of sprintf to snprintf in console_unlock

Petr Mladek (3):
      Merge branch 'for-5.7-preferred-console' into for-linus
      Merge branch 'for-5.8' into for-linus
      Merge branch 'for-5.8-printf-time64_t' into for-linus

Shreyas Joshi (1):
      printk: handle blank console arguments passed in.

Tetsuo Handa (1):
      printk: Remove pr_cont_once()

 Documentation/ABI/testing/dev-kmsg        |   5 ++
 Documentation/core-api/printk-formats.rst |  22 ++---
 drivers/firmware/raspberrypi.c            |  12 +--
 drivers/media/usb/pulse8-cec/pulse8-cec.c |   6 +-
 include/linux/console.h                   |   2 +-
 include/linux/printk.h                    |   3 +-
 kernel/printk/console_cmdline.h           |   1 +
 kernel/printk/printk.c                    | 145 ++++++++++++++++++++----------
 lib/test_printf.c                         |  13 ++-
 lib/vsprintf.c                            |  39 ++++++--