* LKMM patches for next merge window
@ 2020-06-24 18:54 Paul E. McKenney
From: Paul E. McKenney @ 2020-06-24 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux-arch, kernel-team, mingo
  Cc: stern, parri.andrea, will, peterz, boqun.feng, npiggin, dhowells,
	j.alglave, luc.maranget, akiyks

Hello!

Here is the list of LKMM patches I am considering for the next merge
window and the status of each.  Any I am missing or any that need to
wait or be modified?

						Thanx, Paul

3ce5d69 docs: fix references for DMA*.txt files
	Could someone please provide an ack?

ac1a749 tools/memory-model: Add recent references
be1ce3e tools/memory-model: Fix "conflict" definition
24dca63 Documentation: LKMM: Add litmus test for RCU GP guarantee where updater frees object
47ec95b Documentation: LKMM: Add litmus test for RCU GP guarantee where reader stores
bb2c938 MAINTAINERS: Update maintainers for new Documentation/litmus-tests
05bee9a tools/memory-model: Add an exception for limitations on _unless() family
dc76257 Documentation/litmus-tests: Introduce atomic directory
d059e50 Documentation/litmus-tests/atomic: Add a test for atomic_set()
7eecf76 Documentation/litmus-tests/atomic: Add a test for smp_mb__after_atomic()
116f054 tools/memory-model: Fix reference to litmus test in recipes.txt
ffd32d4 Documentation/litmus-tests: Merge atomic's README into top-level one
a08ae99 Documentation/litmus-tests: Cite an RCU litmus test
843285eb tools/memory-model/README: Expand dependency of klitmus7
0296c57 tools/memory-model/README: Mention herdtools7 7.56 in compatibility table
47e4f0a Documentation/litmus-tests: Add note on herd7 7.56 in atomic litmus test
	All ready to go.

* Re: LKMM patches for next merge window
@ 2020-06-24 23:24 ` Andrea Parri
From: Andrea Parri @ 2020-06-24 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul E. McKenney
  Cc: linux-kernel, linux-arch, kernel-team, mingo, stern, will,
	peterz, boqun.feng, npiggin, dhowells, j.alglave, luc.maranget,
	akiyks, Mauro Carvalho Chehab, Christoph Hellwig,
	Jonathan Corbet

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:54:00AM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Here is the list of LKMM patches I am considering for the next merge
> window and the status of each.  Any I am missing or any that need to
> wait or be modified?
>
> 						Thanx, Paul

> 3ce5d69 docs: fix references for DMA*.txt files
> 	Could someone please provide an ack?

Fixing the N-th commit "move docs without updating in-tree references".
;-/

Most importantly there appears to be some on-going discussion about it,
cf.

  https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200623072240.GA974@lst.de

(could you please sort this out?)

  Andrea

@ 2020-06-25 16:33   ` Paul E. McKenney
From: Paul E. McKenney @ 2020-06-25 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrea Parri
  Cc: linux-kernel, linux-arch, kernel-team, mingo, stern, will,

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 01:24:02AM +0200, Andrea Parri wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:54:00AM -0700, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Here is the list of LKMM patches I am considering for the next merge
> > window and the status of each.  Any I am missing or any that need to
> > wait or be modified?
> >
> > 						Thanx, Paul

> > 3ce5d69 docs: fix references for DMA*.txt files
> > 	Could someone please provide an ack?
>
> Fixing the N-th commit "move docs without updating in-tree references".
> ;-/
>
> Most importantly there appears to be some on-going discussion about it,
> cf.
>
>   https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20200623072240.GA974@lst.de
>
> (could you please sort this out?)

I doubt that anything I can say or do will have much effect on those
who love to hate and who hate to love .rst, and vice versa.  It could
be worse -- I could jump into the fray advocating *TYPO, which was the
first text-formatting package that I ever used.  And good luck finding
any information on *TYPO at this point.  ;-)

But good point, I will adjust my branches to keep Mauro's commit off
the list for v5.9 for the moment.

							Thanx, Paul