* Should perf version match kernel version?
@ 2020-07-29 15:56 Vitaly Chikunov
From: Vitaly Chikunov @ 2020-07-29 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Zijlstra, Ingo Molnar, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
  Cc: linux-kernel, Vitaly Chikunov, Dmitry V. Levin

Hi,

It seems that most distros try to have perf version to match with
running kernel version. Is is requirement? Would it be better to have
single perf from kernel mainline to work with any (older) kernel
version?

We have different kernel versions in ALT Linux (stable for 4.19, 5.4,
and 5.7) and I want to understand if we should have three perfs or
single package will be enough.