* TREE01 rcutorture writer stalls?
@ 2020-12-16  5:04 Paul E. McKenney
From: Paul E. McKenney @ 2020-12-16  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frederic; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello, Frederic,

Are you seeing rcutorture writer stalls?  Please see attached for an
example from testing, search for "Call Trace".  I am running an overnight
test, which should get me some idea of frequency.  My thought is to run
on the same version, but without the rcutorture.nocbs_nthreads=0 and
rcutorture.nocbs_toggle=1000 kernel boot parameters.

This sort of error can occur when grace periods are progressing, but
callback processing is not.  Things do seem to recover.

Other thoughts?

							Thanx, Paul

[-- Attachment #2: console-TREE01.log.gz --]
[-- Type: application/gzip, Size: 140245 bytes --]

* Re: TREE01 rcutorture writer stalls?
@ 2020-12-16 13:01 ` Frederic Weisbecker
From: Frederic Weisbecker @ 2020-12-16 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul E. McKenney; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 09:04:07PM -0800, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
> Hello, Frederic,
>
> Are you seeing rcutorture writer stalls?  Please see attached for an
> example from testing, search for "Call Trace".  I am running an overnight
> test, which should get me some idea of frequency.  My thought is to run
> on the same version, but without the rcutorture.nocbs_nthreads=0 and
> rcutorture.nocbs_toggle=1000 kernel boot parameters.
>
> This sort of error can occur when grace periods are progressing, but
> callback processing is not.  Things do seem to recover.
>
> Other thoughts?

Ok I'm trying to reproduce that.

Thanks.