* linux-next: rebase and update of the gfs2 tree
@ 2021-06-10 22:11 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-06-10 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Whitehouse, Bob Peterson
	Linux Next Mailing List

Hi all,

So yesterday I reported a conflict between the vfs and gfs2 trees.
Today it has been "fixed" by the gfs2 tree rebasing and merging a
topic branch from the vfs tree.  Unfortunately, that topic branch has
been rebased in the vfs tree today, so now in linux-next I will have
two (slightly different) versions of that vfs tree topic branch (and
presumably I will get more conflicts).

Please think about what is wrong with this situation.  Hint: two already
published branches have been rebased/rewritten.  And maybe there has
been a lack of communication between developers.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: rebase and update of the gfs2 tree
@ 2021-06-10 22:37 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-06-10 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Gruenbacher, Al Viro
	Linux Next Mailing List