* add linux-alpha archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2021-07-06 16:12 Bjorn Helgaas
From: Bjorn Helgaas @ 2021-07-06 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson, Ivan Kokshaysky, Matt Turner
  Cc: linux-alpha, Krzysztof Wilczyński, Eric Biederman, linux-kernel

Is there any interest in adding linux-alpha archives to
lore.kernel.org?  See https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html for
details.

I don't know whether alpha is still viable.  Krzysztof has been
struggling to get a working alpha qemu and userspace working to do
boot testing of some PCI-related changes, and it's pretty hard.  But
maybe it's at least of historical interest, since alpha was one of the
first non-x86 ports?

Cc'd you, Eric, since you've done recent alpha fixes and apparently
have a bootable qemu-system-alpha:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-alpha/msg07206.html

I don't have any of the old archives myself, but
http://marc.info/?l=linux-alpha and
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-alpha/ both seem to work.

Bjorn

* Re: add linux-alpha archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2021-07-06 17:07 ` John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz @ 2021-07-06 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bjorn Helgaas, Richard Henderson, Ivan Kokshaysky, Matt Turner
  Cc: linux-alpha, Krzysztof Wilczyński, Eric Biederman, linux-kernel

Hi Bjorn!

On 7/6/21 6:12 PM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> Is there any interest in adding linux-alpha archives to
> lore.kernel.org?  See https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html for
> details.
>
> I don't know whether alpha is still viable.  Krzysztof has been
> struggling to get a working alpha qemu and userspace working to do
> boot testing of some PCI-related changes, and it's pretty hard.  But
> maybe it's at least of historical interest, since alpha was one of the
> first non-x86 ports?

If Krzysztof has any patches for testing available, I'm happy to give those
a spin on any of my Alphas. I have various AlphaStations available (233,
433au, XP1000 as well as a DS-20E and an ES-40).

> Cc'd you, Eric, since you've done recent alpha fixes and apparently
> have a bootable qemu-system-alpha:
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-alpha/msg07206.html

FWIW, I haven't had any issues installing Debian unstable inside qemu-system-alpha
with the images I am regularly creating for Debian Ports:

> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-06-09/

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz

* Re: add linux-alpha archives to lore.kernel.org?
@ 2021-07-06 17:35 ` Matt Turner
From: Matt Turner @ 2021-07-06 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bjorn Helgaas
  Cc: Richard Henderson, Ivan Kokshaysky, linux-alpha,
	Krzysztof Wilczyński, Eric Biederman, LKML

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 9:12 AM Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@kernel.org> wrote:

> Is there any interest in adding linux-alpha archives to
> lore.kernel.org?  See https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html for
> details.

Yes, that would be nice!