* linux-next: removed trees
@ 2021-05-14  2:32 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-05-14  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
	Christoph Hellwig, Stefan Richter, 1394, Theodore Ts'o,
	Andreas Färber, Zhang Rui, Eduardo Valentin, Arnd Bergmann,
	Jason A. Donenfeld

Hi all,

The following tree have been removed form linux-next because they have
not been updated in more than a year.  If you want a tree reinstated,
just let me know.

fbdev
fsl
generic-ioremap
ieee1394
  this contains the single commit
	67f8e65e4fc1 firewire: net: remove set but not used variable 'guid'
random
realtek
thermal-rzhang
thermal-soc
y2038
zx2c4

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: removed trees
@ 2021-07-05 19:57 ` Stefan Richter
From: Stefan Richter @ 2021-07-05 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

On May 14 Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> The following tree have been removed form linux-next because they have
> not been updated in more than a year.  If you want a tree reinstated,
> just let me know.
>
> fbdev
> fsl
> generic-ioremap
> ieee1394
>   this contains the single commit
> 	67f8e65e4fc1 firewire: net: remove set but not used variable 'guid'
> random
> realtek
> thermal-rzhang
> thermal-soc
> y2038
> zx2c4

Would you be OK with adding linux1394.git (for-next branch) back to
linux-next?  There are two patches queued and I am finally aiming to get
them merged. :-)

Christophe JAILLET (1):
      firewire: nosy: switch from 'pci_' to 'dma_' API

YueHaibing (1):
      firewire: net: remove set but not used variable 'guid'

Thank you,
--
Stefan Richter
-======--=-= -=== --=-=

* Re: linux-next: removed trees
@ 2021-07-05 20:09   ` Stefan Richter
From: Stefan Richter @ 2021-07-05 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

On Jul 05 Stefan Richter wrote:
> On May 14 Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > The following tree have been removed form linux-next because they have
> > not been updated in more than a year.  If you want a tree reinstated,
> > just let me know.
> >
> > fbdev
> > fsl
> > generic-ioremap
> > ieee1394
> >   this contains the single commit
> > 	67f8e65e4fc1 firewire: net: remove set but not used variable 'guid'
> > random
> > realtek
> > thermal-rzhang
> > thermal-soc
> > y2038
> > zx2c4
>
> Would you be OK with adding linux1394.git (for-next branch) back to
> linux-next?  There are two patches queued and I am finally aiming to get
> them merged. :-)

(PS, this is for the /next/ merge window after 5.14 is final, not for the
current window anymore of course.)
--
Stefan Richter
-======--=-= -=== --=-=

* Re: linux-next: removed trees
@ 2021-07-06 12:33     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-07-06 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Richter; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 22:09:35 +0200 Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> On Jul 05 Stefan Richter wrote:
> >
> > Would you be OK with adding linux1394.git (for-next branch) back to
> > linux-next?  There are two patches queued and I am finally aiming to get
> > them merged. :-)
>
> (PS, this is for the /next/ merge window after 5.14 is final, not for the
> current window anymore of course.)

In that case, I will add it after the merge window closes, please
remind me if I forget.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: removed trees
@ 2021-07-12 22:39   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2021-07-12 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Richter; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Hi Stefan,

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 21:57:43 +0200 Stefan Richter <stefanr@s5r6.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Would you be OK with adding linux1394.git (for-next branch) back to
> linux-next?  There are two patches queued and I am finally aiming to get
> them merged. :-)
>
> Christophe JAILLET (1):
>       firewire: nosy: switch from 'pci_' to 'dma_' API
>
> YueHaibing (1):
>       firewire: net: remove set but not used variable 'guid'

Readded from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: removed trees
@ 2019-05-21 13:03 ` Steven Rostedt
From: Steven Rostedt @ 2019-05-21 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Antoine Tenart, Kukjin Kim, Rich Felker, Luis de Bethencourt,
	David Woodhouse, Jiri Kosina, Nicholas A. Bellinger,
	Bart Van Assche, David Howells

On Tue, 21 May 2019 09:37:43 +1000
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> kconfig

Hmm, there hasn't been any updates to "make localmodconfig" recently.
Don't know about the future. But if there is, I'll need to reinstate it.

-- Steve

* Re: linux-next: removed trees
@ 2019-05-21  8:10 ` David Howells
From: David Howells @ 2019-05-21  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Antoine Tenart, Kukjin Kim, Rich Felker, Luis de Bethencourt,
	Steven Rostedt, David Woodhouse, Jiri Kosina,
	Nicholas A. Bellinger, Bart Van Assche

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> init_task

Yeah - that went upstream, thanks.

David

* linux-next: removed trees
@ 2019-05-20 23:37 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2019-05-20 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
	Rich Felker, Luis de Bethencourt, Steven Rostedt,