* PSA: lore.kernel.org/patchwork/project/lkml is going away
@ 2021-08-20 17:16 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2021-08-20 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, linux-kernel

Hello:

lore.kernel.org/patchwork is a read-only patchwork instance just for patches
sent to linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org ("LKML"). It's huge, resource-hungry, and
serves little actual purpose alongside public-inbox, with >99% of all traffic
coming from bots.

This service will be discontinued and removed:

- we will stop delivery of new messages to the LKML patchwork effective
  Monday, August 23, 2021
- we will generate a one-time mapping of patchwork patch-id's to message-ids
- we will set up a simple redirector to preserve existing links, such that
  lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/{patchid} -> lore.kernel.org/r/{messageid}

To clarify, this does NOT in any way affect patchwork.kernel.org, which will
continue being maintained and supported, just the little-known and little-used
instance of patchwork at lore.kernel.org/patchwork/.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

-K