* (no subject)
@ 2002-01-30 18:21 Nickolaos Fotopoulos
From: Nickolaos Fotopoulos @ 2002-01-30 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux kernel list (E-mail)

I'm new to this list.  Does it get spammed often, like this guy
(grumph@pakistanmail.com) is doing?  It is allready becoming quite anouying!
This is by far the busiest list I have ever subscribed to, and there does
not seem to be any sort of spam blocker working here.  I thought Majodomo
had stuff like this built in?  If not maybe a list moderator could address
this.
				Nick Fotopoulos

* Re: your mail
@ 2002-01-30 18:57 ` Matti Aarnio
From: Matti Aarnio @ 2002-01-30 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nickolaos Fotopoulos; +Cc: Linux kernel list (E-mail)

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:21:17PM -0500, Nickolaos Fotopoulos wrote:
> I'm new to this list.  Does it get spammed often, like this guy
> (grumph@pakistanmail.com) is doing?  It is allready becoming quite anouying!

  I already asked about the phenomena, and the guy(?) replied that
  he won't use that system anymore as it is doing those repeated
  sends all by itself.

> This is by far the busiest list I have ever subscribed to, and there does
> not seem to be any sort of spam blocker working here.  I thought Majodomo
> had stuff like this built in?  If not maybe a list moderator could address
> this.

  Trust me, there is HEAVY filtering.
  Still some spams do get thru.

> 				Nick Fotopoulos

/Matti Aarnio

* Re: your mail
@ 2002-01-31  1:50 ` Drew P. Vogel
From: Drew P. Vogel @ 2002-01-31  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nickolaos Fotopoulos; +Cc: Linux kernel list (E-mail)

Personally, when I'm getting a few hundred emails per day, I don't even
notice the 5% spam.

--Drew Vogel