* RE: 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-25 23:10 yiding_wang
From: yiding_wang @ 2003-06-25 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tony.luck; +Cc: linux-kernel

Tony,

It works and great thanks!

Eddie

* RE: 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-25 17:48 yiding_wang
From: yiding_wang @ 2003-06-25 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel, yiding_wang, linux-kernel; +Cc: Bart.SCHELSTRAETE

JS,

Thanks for the further assistance!  I checked the configuration and found only thing missing was "Virtual Terminal" part.

Now I enable both of them as kernel build-in support and rebuild kernel.  After copied bzImage to /boot and rebooted, I still got same result:

uncompressing Linux ... Ok, booting the kernel.

Then it stopped, nothing comes out from screen.

There must be something else.

Eddie

* RE: 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-24 17:04 yiding_wang
From: yiding_wang @ 2003-06-24 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxtech, linux-kernel

Thanks John, I will try.

* RE: 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-23 23:03 ` John Shillinglaw
From: John Shillinglaw @ 2003-06-23 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

You need to turn on the options within the input/char driver? menu
within menuconfig to turn on the console. I believe there are two
options you need to say yes to. Someone with clearer memory can post the
exact ones.

John
On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 13:31, yiding_wang@agilent.com wrote:
> I got same issue on 2.5.70 and 2.5.71 and still waiting form some help.
>
> Eddie

* RE: 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-23 17:31 yiding_wang
From: yiding_wang @ 2003-06-23 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart.SCHELSTRAETE, linux-kernel

I got same issue on 2.5.70 and 2.5.71 and still waiting form some help.

Eddie

* Re: 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-22 20:20 ` Rudo Thomas
From: Rudo Thomas @ 2003-06-22 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart SCHELSTRAETE; +Cc: linux-kernel

> Today I tried kernel 2.5.72. And it compiled without any problems. (on a
> i686 - PIV)
> But when I'm trying to boot from that kernel, it stops just after the line
>          'uncompressing .................. ok now booting'

You gotta have the input device support (CONFIG_INPUT) built-in to be able to
select virtual terminal (CONFIG_VT) and console on VT (CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE)
support found in character devices submenu. You'll also need a driver, "VGA
text console" (CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE) will do.

Hope it helps.

Rudo.

* 2.5.72 doesn't boot
@ 2003-06-22 18:05 Bart SCHELSTRAETE