* Question
@ 2005-12-14 23:42 nramirez
From: nramirez @ 2005-12-14 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi,

I want to implement a congestion control algorithm for an Ad-hoc wireless
network. It means i will make some modifications to TCP and therefore in
the transport layer.
Do i need to modify the Kernel to do my implementation? or there are some
kernel modules i can modify as for the case of implementing a routing
protocol in the network layer? If both are possible what could be the
advantage or disadvantage of each? Where can i get more information?

Thank you in advance,

Nadia Ramirez

* Re: Question
@ 2005-12-15  9:13 ` Bernd Petrovitsch
From: Bernd Petrovitsch @ 2005-12-15  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nramirez; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 18:42 -0500, nramirez@site.uottawa.ca wrote:
[...]
> I want to implement a congestion control algorithm for an Ad-hoc wireless
> network. It means i will make some modifications to TCP and therefore in
> the transport layer.
> Do i need to modify the Kernel to do my implementation? or there are some

Yes.

> kernel modules i can modify as for the case of implementing a routing
> protocol in the network layer? If both are possible what could be the

No. You can compile the TCP/IP stack as module for easier

> advantage or disadvantage of each? Where can i get more information?

BTW almost rotuing protocols don't need changes in TCP/IP - they simple
use it as is and configure routes from the outside (of the kernel).

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services

* question
@ 2014-06-09 11:16 lilofile
From: lilofile @ 2014-06-09 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

when I compile 3.10.36 kernel,after install,zhe system unable to boot, through serial debug,the system hang at setup_idt(); what the reason? how to debug and resolve ?

* question
@ 2014-06-07 10:02 lilofile
From: lilofile @ 2014-06-07 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I modify part of memeory manage subsystem, when i compile and install, linux 3.10.36 unable to boot,After skip grub menu,cursor occur  The upper left corner,the system hang and have no output,  how i can debug it? what the reason? Any suggestions will be welcome.

* Question
@ 2008-08-10 16:45 mengualjeanphi
From: mengualjeanphi @ 2008-08-10 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, can I write.

* Re: question
@ 2002-12-11  6:46 ` Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2002-12-11  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sipos Ferenc; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 01:35, Sipos Ferenc wrote:

> Is the new atapi cd writing method included into the 2.4 backported ac
> ide code or is it separate, if it is, then will it be ported to 2.4?

No it is not in 2.4 nor 2.4-ac.

I doubt it will be back-ported but who knows.  Linus and Jens would know
best.  And Marcelo would have to take it.

	Robert Love

* question
@ 2002-12-11  6:35 Sipos Ferenc
From: Sipos Ferenc @ 2002-12-11  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi!

Is the new atapi cd writing method included into the 2.4 backported ac
ide code or is it separate, if it is, then will it be ported to 2.4?

Thx.

Paco

* Re: question
@ 2002-07-14 11:36 ` jbradford
From: jbradford @ 2002-07-14 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sipos Ferenc; +Cc: linux-kernel

It unsubscribed you automatically for some reason.  Just re-subscribe, and have at look at section 3.14 of the FAQ.

> Since Friday, I didn't get any mail from the mailing list. Could anybody
> tell me what has happened? Thx.

John.

* question
@ 2002-07-14 10:51 Sipos Ferenc
From: Sipos Ferenc @ 2002-07-14 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

@ 2001-05-18  3:47 C.Praveen
From: C.Praveen @ 2001-05-18  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Praveen Codambakkam

Hello,

i have a very simple question.
please CC any reply to me, since im not subscribed to the list

On the same processor i have the following code (initially a = 0)

1. write a = 1
2. read b

if an interrupt occurred after line 1 and before line 2, and that ISR
reads the value of a, is there a chance it can see the value of a as 0?
Hope the question isnt too stupid, but the processor can buffer stores to
memory ? (Does it supply the correct value of a to the isr if it does). if
not, mb wont solve the problem i suppose? its meant for other cpus ?

Thanks,

Praveen C

* Question
@ 2001-05-09 20:29 Krishnan Ananthanarayanan
From: Krishnan Ananthanarayanan @ 2001-05-09 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
  I was wondering if there is any mechanism to notify a module of an event
such as arrival of data on a socket. I am trying to find out if a function
in a module can be invoked if such an event occurs. This solves the
problem of polling the socket for data.

Thanks a ton in advance.
Krishnan.

* Question...
@ 2001-03-07 23:22 Alberio Bathory-Frota
From: Alberio Bathory-Frota @ 2001-03-07 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I was wondering what the difference between wake_up_process and
wake_up_process_synchronous is?

Thanks for your input,
Alberio.