* RE: Patch for 3.5/0.5 address space split
@ 2003-07-08 12:07 gigag
From: gigag @ 2003-07-08 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian, linux-kernel

>I would try to use the whole aa patchset, I'm using the 3.5/0.5
>split on one of the servers at work and it handles it fine with the
>whole aa patchset
Could you be more specific on the version of the kernel and the
patch that you applied?
I tried 2.4.21 and 2.4.21rc8aa1 from Andrea and I couldn't boot the
system with 3.5 user space.

Thanks
Giga

* Re: Patch for 3.5/0.5 address space split
@ 2003-07-06 16:00 gigag
From: gigag @ 2003-07-06 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml; +Cc: dev

>As far as I remember I saw some places in the code which
>should be fixed before split 1/3 can be used. Split 0.5/3.5 can be
>not-working if you are using PAE-enabled kernel (in some places
>pgds are copied directly - i.e. 1GB granularity is used).
Right. I've seen a mention on this all over the Net.

Anyway, I'm not using PAE since I have only 4GB of real memory.
Also, I'm using a patch obtained at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/kernels/v2.4/2
.4.20pre5aa1/00_3.5G-address-space-5

I need this split to be able to fully utilize the memory for my
application, which I hope will work. Are you working on the patch
for 2.4 or 2.5 kernel?

Could anybody suggest a configuration what is working?

Thanks
Giga

* Patch for 3.5/0.5 address space split
@ 2003-07-06 15:25 gigag
From: gigag @ 2003-07-06 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml

Could anybody point out to patches available for 3.5/0.5 address
space split for 2.4 and 2.5 kernels?

Any other working options? I managed to compile 2.4.21 kernel
with 1/3 split, but not with 0.5/3.5. The last one simply doesn't
boot. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Giga