* Next week's topic is the K42 Operating System Research Project
@ 2003-06-10 19:04 Hanna Linder
From: Hanna Linder @ 2003-06-10 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lse-tech; +Cc: linux-kernel

This will be presented by Orran Krieger June 18.

K42 is a operating-system research project (available under LGPL) focused in large part on scalability in the implementation of core OS services.  We will give a brief overview of the project, discuss some of the recent performance results running 64-bit
PPC Linux binaries and discuss the major ways that our implementation of Linux services depart from the norm (hopefully making sure to bring up all the truly offensive and contentious ways).  We will leave most of the time for questions and discussion.

 http://www.research.ibm.com/K42/

Date:	Wednesday June 18th

Time: 	1300 PDT
	1600 EDT
	2000 UTC/GMT

Call-in: All the lines will be open so please use mute if you aren't talking.
	North America: 1-877-849-9636
	Int'l: 1-719-457-5110
	Passcode: 372406

I will send out a reminder closer to the time of the call.

Thanks.

Hanna

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-10 18:51 UTC | newest]