* getting a process name from task struct
@ 2000-11-09 17:45 Chris Swiedler
From: Chris Swiedler @ 2000-11-09 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Kernel

Is it possible to get a process's name / full execution path (from
kernelspace) given only a task struct? I can't find any pointers to this
information in the task struct, and I don't know where else it might be. ps
seems to be able to get the process name, but that's from userspace.
Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

chris

-

* Re: getting a process name from task struct
@ 2000-11-09 18:03 ` George Anzinger
From: George Anzinger @ 2000-11-09 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Swiedler; +Cc: Linux-Kernel

Chris Swiedler wrote:

> Is it possible to get a process's name / full execution path (from
> kernelspace) given only a task struct? I can't find any pointers to this
> information in the task struct, and I don't know where else it might be. ps
> seems to be able to get the process name, but that's from userspace.
> Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.
>
> chris

Try the "comm" member of task_struct.  (Clear name, right?)

George
-