* Re: VIA KT133 status, please?
@ 2001-06-20 18:33 Tim Hilden
From: Tim Hilden @ 2001-06-20 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, I have an Abit KT7 with the Apollo Chip. The board works fine with
all my hardware. I enabled the suport for the VIA chip and eveything was
done. I experienced no crashes for far, only my X locks up once every 3
months that's all. Buy the board, it's really great.

TIM

* VIA KT133 status, please?
@ 2001-06-20 10:59 Guennadi Liakhovetski
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski @ 2001-06-20 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello

I am looking into buying a QDI Kinetiz 7E-A motherboard with the VIA
Apollo KT-133 chipset (famous vt82c686b south bridge). From the March
thread "Re: Linux 2.4.2ac12 (vt82c686 info)"
(http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0103.1/0013.html)
it looks like Vojtech Pavlik's VIA drivers from 2.4.2-ac12 (and
up?) kernels work stably with this chipset. Can somebody just confirm my
assumption, or maybe somebody is using exactly this motherboard?

BTW, wouldn't it be a good idea to have somewhere (kernelnewbies/
kernel.org?) a list of known kernel-hardware/whatever problems and their
progress, so that people like me don't bother the list.

Sorry, I am not subscribed to the list (not any longer - couldn't cope
with the traffic:-(), I will look through the archive, but CC would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks
Guennadi
___

Dr. Guennadi V. Liakhovetski
Department of Applied Mathematics
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, U.K.
email: g.liakhovetski@sheffield.ac.uk