* Kernel 2.4.7 Source Code Documentation
@ 2001-08-03  4:47 Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-08-03  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: kplug-list

I am attempting to get my slow UP PIII 800 here at work to parse the 2.4.7 source and annotate it so that I can put it up on my other web server. When it is
done, I will upload it to the server and it should be available at this URL:

http://www.randomlogic.com/kernel/

This may or may not happen tonight since this machine is nowhere near as fast as my K7 at home and the K7 takes a few hours to do it all, but the U/L bandwidth
is much better here (DS3 compared to cable). I do expect to have it up before the weekend.

(NOTE: I compared kernel compile times between the two, no official numbers, just compiling on both machines. I started the PIII 800 about 1 min before the K7
Thunder. The K7 Thunder was done with make dep, bzImage, modules, and modules_install before the PIII was 50% complete with bzImage. The K7 was running 2
SETI@Home sessions as well as compiling, the PIII was doing nothing else.)

I plan to update the documentation with every stable kernel release. (So please, don't crank them out too fast, I'd hate to spend my life U/L 1GB+ of HTML every
other day!! ;-)

PGA

--
Paul G. Allen
UNIX Admin II/Programmer

* Re: Kernel 2.4.7 Source Code Documentation
@ 2001-08-04  3:17 ` Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-08-04  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, kplug-list

A slight change in plans:

www.randomlogic.com was out of disk space, so I now have a second site at http://www2.randomlogic.com. I am uploading the tar now and will uncompress the HTML
to:

http://www2.randomlogic.com/linuxkernel/

BIG NOTE READ THIS:

Anyone wishing to mirror this can download it from here:

http://www.randomlogic.com/files/linux-2.4.7_html.tar.gz

The file is in the neighborhood of 150MB and uncompressed is ~1GB. You have been forewarned. Please, no Wget on www2.randomlogic.com. :/

I'm still hoping for a better place to put it, but we'll see.

PGA

--

@ 2001-08-04  3:36   ` Paul G. Allen
       [not found]     ` <3B6B6EEB.EAE86@Bellsouth.net>
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-08-04  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, kplug-list

"Paul G. Allen" wrote:

> A slight change in plans:
>
> www.randomlogic.com was out of disk space, so I now have a second site at http://www2.randomlogic.com. I am uploading the tar now and will uncompress the HTML
> to:
>
> http://www2.randomlogic.com/linuxkernel/

I've also placed a link to it on www.randomlogic.com. (no, it's not up yet, but soon, about 40MB more to U/L :)

PGA

--

       [not found]         ` <3B6B76AA.A4526246@Bellsouth.net>
@ 2001-08-04  4:52           ` Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-08-04  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Wyatt, linux-kernel, kplug-list

Josh Wyatt wrote:

> "Paul G. Allen" wrote:
> >
> > Josh Wyatt wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Paul,
> > > I have a personal colo on a T1 here in Raleigh, NC, and I'd be happy to
> > > mirror for you.
> > > 1GB is no problem...
> > > What should I do?  Do you need an account on the box?
> >
> > You can D/L the tarball from:
> >
> > http://www.randomlogic.com/files/linux-2.4.7_html.tar.gz
> >
> > and then untar it into whatever directory you want the web server to serve it up from. This will create a directory tree whose root is linux-2.4.7_html.
> >
> > If you want to give me an account, that's fine too, but I don't need it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > PGA
>
> Cool.  Info is currently at:
> http://joshua.raleigh.nc.us/docs/linux-2.4.7_html/

Great. I'll change the link on the Random Logic main web site and add that URL as a mirror.

PGA

--

@ 2001-08-04  5:28             ` Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-08-04  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, kplug-list

OK, it's all up and working. If anyone else wants to mirror, let me know the URL and I'll add it to the Random Logic web site at
www.randomlogic.com/kernel.html.

PGA

@ 2001-08-06 21:37               ` Brent D. Norris
From: Brent D. Norris @ 2001-08-06 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul G. Allen; +Cc: Linux Kernel List

here is our mirror

http://linux-wolf.tccw.wku.edu/kernel/

please give our lug props if you can.  WKU-Linux: linux.wku.edu

Thanks Brent

@ 2001-08-08  3:50                 ` Paul G. Allen
From: Paul G. Allen @ 2001-08-08  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel List; +Cc: kplug-list

"Brent D. Norris" wrote:

> here is our mirror
>
> http://linux-wolf.tccw.wku.edu/kernel/
>
> please give our lug props if you can.  WKU-Linux: linux.wku.edu

NP, will do.

I might as well take this opportunity to comment on my own sight.

Apparently, someone was quick to take advantage of a recently announced
exploit and defaced www2.randomlogic.com (as I'm sure some of you have
noticed). The exploit has been fixed, of course, but they were a little
faster than the server owner (hey, it happens occasionally :), that
owner not being me.

Apparently, either they don't like Linux, or maybe they thought they had
to prove a point because of my sig. Whatever, who cares.

Anyway, I'll fix it soon enough.

PGA

--
Paul G. Allen