* HTTP problem running v2.4 kernel
@ 2001-10-04  3:56 Stephen Torri
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stephen Torri @ 2001-10-04  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

Has anyone noticed that certain websites that use to load reliable are no
longer accessible? I used to be able to get into www.nvidia.com and now it
doesn't load. The reason I believe this might be a kernel problem is what
happened when I changed on the same system to kernel 2.2.19-7.0.8smp
(RedHat 7.0 kernel). When I switched to that kernel the website loaded
with out problems. Nothing changed on the same. Same software used with
all the kernels I have used.

The kernel version that I have noticed the problem:

2.4.10-ac4
2.4.9-ac16

Not sure if I noticed it on earlier versions. I will check again.

How can I track down the what is really causing the problem.

Stephen
storri@ameritech.net

* Re: HTTP problem running v2.4 kernel
@ 2001-10-04  4:09 ` Tom Eastep
From: Tom Eastep @ 2001-10-04  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Torri; +Cc: Linux Kernel

Stephen Torri wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that certain websites that use to load reliable are no
> longer accessible? I used to be able to get into www.nvidia.com and now it
> doesn't load. The reason I believe this might be a kernel problem is what
> happened when I changed on the same system to kernel 2.2.19-7.0.8smp
> (RedHat 7.0 kernel). When I switched to that kernel the website loaded
> with out problems. Nothing changed on the same. Same software used with
> all the kernels I have used.
>
> The kernel version that I have noticed the problem:
>
> 2.4.10-ac4

www.nvidia.com loads fine here:

[teastep@ursa teastep]$ uname -a
Linux ursa.seattlefirewall.dyndns.org 2.4.10-ac4 #1 Tue Oct 2 17:01:38
PDT 2001 i686 unknown
[teastep@ursa teastep]$

-Tom

--
Tom Eastep          \  teastep@seattlefirewall.dyndns.org
ICQ: #60745924       \  http://shorewall.sourceforge.net

* Re: HTTP problem running v2.4 kernel
@ 2001-10-04  4:25 ` Keith Owens
From: Keith Owens @ 2001-10-04  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Torri; +Cc: Linux Kernel

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 23:56:52 -0400 (EDT),
Stephen Torri <storri@ameritech.net> wrote:
>Has anyone noticed that certain websites that use to load reliable are no
>longer accessible? I used to be able to get into www.nvidia.com and now it
>doesn't load.

http://www.google.com/linux?site=search&restrict=linux&hl=en&q=ecn

* Re: HTTP problem running v2.4 kernel