* ext3 for pre7 ?
@ 2001-11-03  0:36 J . A . Magallon
From: J . A . Magallon @ 2001-11-03  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lista Linux-Kernel

Hi.

I have tried to adapt the ext3 patch for pre6 to pre7, but many things
in the buffer and cache sections (vmscan.c and so on) have changed...
I also saw in CVS that there have been changes to make it work on pre7.
But I did not guess how to make a patch from CVS.

Anyone out there has it ?

BTW: I see there are a bunch of chages in ext3 patch outside its own
fs subtree (try_to_free_pages and so on). Why are not integrated in
mainline ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:jamagallon@able.es

* Re: ext3 for pre7 ?
@ 2001-11-03  1:40 ` Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2001-11-03  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J . A . Magallon; +Cc: Lista Linux-Kernel

http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/x.patch.gz

> BTW: I see there are a bunch of chages in ext3 patch outside its own
> fs subtree (try_to_free_pages and so on). Why are not integrated in
> mainline ?

These changes are needed to support the ordering requirements
of ext3, and probably any other fs which performs data journalling.
They are not needed by any fs which is currently in the tree.