* Linux 2.5: Yamaha YMF744B
@ 2002-03-18  5:44 John Weber
From: John Weber @ 2002-03-18  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I just wanted to put in another report.

My Yamaha 744B Sound is not working with Linux 2.5.7-pre2 and ALSA Sound
Support.

I know about the muting, so please don't bother emailing with that.  I
am also aware that a there was some discussion about undocumented setup
required for the 744B chip specifically.  I was wondering whether this
issue had been resolved.  Does anyone else have a Yamaha 744B working
with linux 2.5?

PS - Everything is fine with the OSS drivers in both 2.5 and 2.4.

* Re: Linux 2.5: Yamaha YMF744B
       [not found] <mailman.1016430540.29118.linux-kernel2news@redhat.com>
@ 2002-03-18  6:44 ` Pete Zaitcev
From: Pete Zaitcev @ 2002-03-18  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

> My Yamaha 744B Sound is not working with Linux 2.5.7-pre2 and ALSA Sound
> Support.
>[...]
> am also aware that a there was some discussion about undocumented setup
> required for the 744B chip specifically.  I was wondering whether this
> issue had been resolved.
>[...]
> PS - Everything is fine with the OSS drivers in both 2.5 and 2.4.

ALSA and OSS share the code for ymfpci, it is basically the same,
including the early 744 workaround. Must be a typo in a setup somewhere.

-- Pete