From: Wilfried Weissmann <Wilfried.Weissmann@gmx.at>
To: Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@redhat.com>
Cc: Petr Slansky <slansky@usa.net>,
	alan@redhat.com, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: hpt370 raid driver
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:12:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 15:29, Petr Slansky wrote:
>
>>Hi Alan!
>>do you know that there is a source code of driver for HPT370 raid at the
>>manufacturer web?
>>
>>http://www.highpoint-tech.com/370drivers_down.htm
>>http://www.highpoint-tech.com/hpt3xx-opensource-v13.tgz
>>
>>Maybe that this can be added to the kernel, there are many motherboards on the
>>market with such controller onboard. Is there any poblem with this driver?
>

> It's a binary only driver with some glue code.... not open source.

The header files are good. They show the structure of the raid signature
and some info about the event logs. They could be reused by the linux
module, however I do not know if the copyright is a problem there. Does
anyone know...?

Bye,
Wilfried

--
Ing. Wilfried Weissmann               mailto: Wilfried.Weissmann@gmx.at
Benedikt-Schellingergasse 18/19a      Tel.: +43 1 78 64 739