* How to replace the network cards
@ 2002-10-04  4:25 immortal1015
From: immortal1015 @ 2002-10-04  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi, all. Sorry for my stupid problems.
I installed Redhat7.2 on my computer and netcard was installed properly.
I used 'lsmod' and find my network card driver module is 'pcnet32'. Now
I have modified the source code in pcnet32.c and compile it. How can I
make my modifications work?

* Re: How to replace the network cards
@ 2002-10-04  4:52 ` David Lloyd
From: David Lloyd @ 2002-10-04  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: immortal1015; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi There,

> Hi, all. Sorry for my stupid problems.

If you weren't called "immortal" I'd forgive you, but if you are a god
surely you would know all!

> I installed Redhat7.2 on my computer and netcard was installed properly.
> I used 'lsmod' and find my network card driver module is 'pcnet32'. Now
> I have modified the source code in pcnet32.c and compile it. How can I
> make my modifications work?

make modules
make modules_install

...should do it unless you've got your pcnet32.c not in its usual place
in the kernel tree.

[ I hope that made sense :-) ]

DSL
--