* using /proc/profile ??
@ 2003-01-23 12:23 Linux Geek
From: Linux Geek @ 2003-01-23 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi all,

I've booted my linux with commandline profile=2. /proc/profile was
created but i am not getting any meaningful info
when i run 'readprofile' . ( with correct arguments ).

The output i get is just 2 lines which shows '_stext' and then 'total'.

Am i missing anything else ?

TIA

* Re: using /proc/profile ??
@ 2003-01-23 22:53 ` James Cleverdon
From: James Cleverdon @ 2003-01-23 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Geek, linux-kernel

On Thursday 23 January 2003 04:23 am, Linux Geek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've booted my linux with commandline profile=2. /proc/profile was
> created but i am not getting any meaningful info
> when i run 'readprofile' . ( with correct arguments ).
>
> The output i get is just 2 lines which shows '_stext' and then 'total'.
>
> Am i missing anything else ?
>
> TIA
>
> -

Hmmm....   I think that readprofile isn't using the right System.map.  When
that happens to me, I've usually forgotten to update the symlink.  The
default map file used is either  /usr/src/linux/System.map  or
/boot/System.map

Quick check:   readprofile -m /boot/system.map_for_my_kernel
If that is the problem, this should print some useful results.

--
James Cleverdon
IBM xSeries Linux Solutions