* Unresolved symbol prefetch on RH AS2.1
@ 2003-04-10 11:05 chandrasekhar.nagaraj
From: chandrasekhar.nagaraj @ 2003-04-10 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
I have a custom driver which works on Red Hat 7.2.
The same driver when compiled and inserted on Red Hat Advanced Server
(kernel 2.4.9 e-3) gives me the following unresolved symbol error

insmod sddlmadrv.o (This is the custom driver which works on 7.2)
sddlmadrv.o: unresolved symbol prefetch

Can anybody tell me what changes need to be done  so that the driver could
be inserted.

Thanks and Regards
Chandrasekhar

* Re: Unresolved symbol prefetch on RH AS2.1
@ 2003-04-10 11:12 ` jbr66
From: jbr66 @ 2003-04-10 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chandrasekhar.nagaraj; +Cc: linux-kernel

chandrasekhar.nagaraj wrote:

>Hi,
>Can anybody tell me what changes need to be done  so that the driver could
>be inserted.

RH-AS is quite different to 7.2 in many ways, kernel wise.

I'd suggest you recompile, your driver against RHAS.

* Re: Unresolved symbol prefetch on RH AS2.1
@ 2003-04-10 11:15 ` jbr66
From: jbr66 @ 2003-04-10 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chandrasekhar.nagaraj; +Cc: linux-kernel

chandrasekhar.nagaraj wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anybody tell me what changes need to be done  so that the driver could
>be inserted.

Also, take note of the fops struct which changed in RH-AS.