* Re: [BUG] fbcon
@ 2003-04-23 21:23 Balram Adlakha
From: Balram Adlakha @ 2003-04-23 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: root; +Cc: linux-kernel

 >>There seems to be a problem in the frame buffer console, It appears
as >>if the
 >>resolution has been changed from 1024x768 to 1024x800 or something
 >>like that
 >>(I can only half see the sh prompt when it has come down), but the
 >>argument I
 >>passed at boot time was still 788. It doesn't appear to have been
 >>solved
 >>according to the bk csets taken from kernel.org.
 >>

 >Did you reset your monitor so it remembers the height/width/centering >for
 >your new resolution? Maybe you didn't know?
 >
 >Cheers,
 >Dick Johnson
 >Penguin : Linux version 2.4.20 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).
 >Why is the government concerned about the lunatic fringe? Think about >it.

Thats not the problem (I still checked it though)

The problem is that screen that is showed will fit 1024x773 and not
1024x768. Everything that I open starts at the very top of my screen but
ends 3 or 4 pixels below. This does not happen with older kernels and
with X and it is _not_ a monitor problem.

* [BUG] fbcon
@ 2003-04-23 19:35 Balram Adlakha
From: Balram Adlakha @ 2003-04-23 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel