* WinFS delayed, this probably means more time for semi-structured
@ 2003-05-13 10:53 Hans Reiser
From: Hans Reiser @ 2003-05-13 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

 WinFS delayed, this probably means more time for semi-structured query languages
 to establish themselves instead of SQL

SQL would be just terrible for FS semantics to standardize on, and
hopefully we will be able to deploy a semi-structured querying language
alternative (www.namesys.com/whitepaper.html) before they ship.  I was
sort of expecting that they would be late, as they don't yet have a good
technical foundation in their FS storage layer for adding database
functionality, and we surely know that's a lot of work to create;-).

Hans

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-13 10:41 UTC | newest]