* Re: USB burps with irq XX: nobody cared. (2.5.70)
@ 2003-06-09 16:26 David Brownell
From: David Brownell @ 2003-06-09 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, david+cert

Looks like a stream of IRQs getting delivered before
the chip was initialized ... interrupts that shouldn't
have been arriving.  Do you have funky BIOS settings?

Does this happen if you don't use ACPI?  I've had
reports of folk using NForce2 boards that needed
to use "acpi=off", since ACPI didn't initialize
the interrupts correctly.  Yours seems to be at
least partially correct.

- Dave

* USB burps with irq XX: nobody cared. (2.5.70)
@ 2003-06-08 22:37 David Ford
From: David Ford @ 2003-06-08 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is one of those systems that has some 150K of dmesg on boot due to
that pesky USB barfing - IRQ XX nobody cared!.

Due to it's size I haven't included it here.  Here's a link to it
however - http://blue-labs.org/~david/dmesg.out.2.5.70.bz2

(There are a lot of unknown devices in lspci output, if an interested
party wants, I'll provide as much detail as I can.)

David

# lspci -v|grep -A5 USB
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev
a3) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
        Subsystem: FIRST INTERNATIONAL Computer Inc: Unknown device 9042
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 20
        Memory at ee087000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev
a3) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
        Subsystem: FIRST INTERNATIONAL Computer Inc: Unknown device 9042
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
        Memory at ee082000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

00:02.2 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev
a3) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
        Subsystem: FIRST INTERNATIONAL Computer Inc: Unknown device 9042
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 20
        Memory at ee083000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Capabilities: [44] #0a [2080]
# grep -i hci /boot/2.5.70/.config
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y