* hdX lost interrupt problem
@ 2003-07-08 15:35 Cédric Barboiron
From: Cédric Barboiron @ 2003-07-08 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello,

I'm currently having troubles while trying to listen or rip cds audios.
`cdparanoia -Q` works fine
but `strace cdparanoia 1` hangs at :
ioctl(3, 0x530e

Then I have from `dmesg` :
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: lost interrupt
(...)
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: lost interrupt

The only thing I found in archives is :
" It seems like the 'lost interrupt' while
ripping audio CDs is specific to VIA based motherboards."

In fact, I have a VIA based motherboard :
VIA KT333 and VIA 8233A

I'm using Linux version 2.4.21 (gcc version 3.2.2) #2 Thu Jul 3 12:42:17
CEST 2003

Some infos from /proc/ide/ide1/hdc :
driver: ide-cdrom version 4.59-ac1
model: CRD-8322B
settings :
name                    value           min             max             mode
----                    -----           ---             ---             ----
breada_readahead        4               0               127             rw
current_speed           34              0               70              rw
dsc_overlap             0               0               1               rw
file_readahead          0               0               2097151         rw
init_speed              12              0               70              rw
io_32bit                1               0               3               rw
keepsettings            0               0               1               rw
max_kb_per_request      64              1               127             rw
nice1                   1               0               1               rw
number                  2               0               3               rw
pio_mode                write-only      0               255             w
slow                    0               0               1               rw
unmaskirq               1               0               1               rw
using_dma               1               0               1               rw

I tried setting using_dma 0, unmaskirq 0.
Otherwise, my cdrom works perfectly for data cds.

Please help me

--
Cédric Barboiron