* why no cdda cdrom dma use in 2.6?
@ 2003-08-28 19:41 Ed Sweetman
From: Ed Sweetman @ 2003-08-28 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

It seems like this is a win win patch for the cdrom that was heavily
tested in 2.4 in the akpm tree. I'm just wondering why it was never
incorporated into 2.5 and thus 2.6? It's a shame to not have it in the
kernel by default.

* Re: why no cdda cdrom dma use in 2.6?
@ 2003-08-28 19:45 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2003-08-28 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Sweetman; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Aug 28 2003, Ed Sweetman wrote:
> It seems like this is a win win patch for the cdrom that was heavily
> tested in 2.4 in the akpm tree. I'm just wondering why it was never
> incorporated into 2.5 and thus 2.6? It's a shame to not have it in the
> kernel by default.

>From my perspective, it would be fine to include in 2.6 right now. The
2.4 patch relied heavily on buffer_heads though, so you would have to
adapt the patch to bio first. Actually, it should be doable in a much
less hackish manner.

--
Jens Axboe