* What is the SiI 0680 chipset status?
@ 2003-09-02 16:55 Tomasz  B±tor
From: Tomasz  B±tor @ 2003-09-02 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi to all.
I recently got MiNt PCI IDE ATA/133 RAID controller based on SiI 0680
chipset. I browsed through the archives and I know that the driver is
known to be broken and simply doesn't work.

That was some time ago, meanwhile there were some fixes/hdparm
almost-solutions, but none of them seems to work. I remember that
Andre Hendrick said he's talking with SiI guys to find a final
solution, but no more info after that...

Therefore my question is: what is the current status of this driver?
Are there any patches available? Or I will have to just buy another
controller? (No problems with HPT or Promise?)

t.

ps. my problems are "standard" (lost interrupts, timeouts, read_intr
errors etc.) and were described on this list by several other people.
I use almost vanilla 2.4.22 (only with Openwall patches)

--
  Tomasz Bątor  e-mail: tomba@bartek.tu.kielce.pl  ICQ: 101194886