* RE: LInksys WMP11 (BCM4301 chip)
@ 2003-09-28  2:38 Andrew Miklas
From: Andrew Miklas @ 2003-09-28  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

David Ford wrote:

> According to http://www.linuxworld.com/story/33804.htm, (Andrew Miklas),
> the BCM4301 is supported however I don't see any such critter in my
> source.

The link mentioned quotes me as saying that the BCM4300 series of wireless
chips has excellent support on the MIPS architecture, which indeed it does.
Unfortunately, what they don't mention is that the source for that driver was
not, and has not been released by Linksys or Broadcom.  Also, the binary
driver is only available in the firmware of networking products, like the
WRT54G, using Broadcom wireless chips.

Hopefully, I'll have some more information to post here about that in the
coming few days.

-- Andrew

* LInksys WMP11 (BCM4301 chip)
@ 2003-09-27 22:54 David Ford
From: David Ford @ 2003-09-27 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

According to http://www.linuxworld.com/story/33804.htm, (Andrew Miklas),
the BCM4301 is supported however I don't see any such critter in my source.

I find numerous mentions on the web about the v2.7 model of this bugger
having switched to the BCM chip instead of the Prism chip.

Is there really any [kernel 2.6] support for this thing somewhere or do
I have to email LinkSys a nastygram? :)

David