* 2.6.0-test6 happiness
@ 2003-10-05 19:50 Tupshin Harper
From: Tupshin Harper @ 2003-10-05 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I just wanted to give a *very* positive report about stock test6. In so
many ways, it's a giant step forward for me.

1) 7 days of uptime (and counting) on a moderately loaded server running
lvm2,xfs,nfs, and a whole bunch of services. Previous 2.5/2.6 record (up
through test5)  was 2 1/2 days before any one of a variety of exceptions
would occur. (Athlon XP system)

2) Dramatically improved desktop interactivity, with no audio glitching.
(Different Athlon XP system)

3) Fully functional Dell Inspiron laptop (P3). This is the first time I
have ever been able to boot this machine without disabling ACPI in the
kernel(2.4.x included). I've also had many problems with 802.11b
wireless pcmcia on this laptop, but it too works fine with this kernel.
(These improvements might be a couple of versions old...didn't try test4
or test5 on this machine).

Kudos, commendations, and thanks.

-Tupshin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-05 19:51 UTC | newest]