* Cyclic Scheduling for linux
@ 2003-10-30 18:15 First Name
From: First Name @ 2003-10-30 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi there,

I am working on providing a cyclic scheduling policy
to the current non real time version of the linux to
support hard real time tasks as part of one of my
projects. This policy should be able to support
aperiodic, periodic and sporadic tasks too. Could any
one pour some light on how to go about achieving it?.

Any Helpful tips, project reports, links or advices
are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
LQ

* Re: Cyclic Scheduling for linux
@ 2003-10-30 21:01 ` George Anzinger
From: George Anzinger @ 2003-10-30 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: First Name; +Cc: linux-kernel

First Name wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am working on providing a cyclic scheduling policy
> to the current non real time version of the linux to
> support hard real time tasks as part of one of my
> projects. This policy should be able to support
> aperiodic, periodic and sporadic tasks too. Could any
> one pour some light on how to go about achieving it?.
>
> Any Helpful tips, project reports, links or advices
> are greatly appreciated.

Instead of kernel changes, you might want to consider a user monitor task
running at high rt priority which changes the priority of the tasks you want to
use the new policy.  You could write an intercept routine for the scheduleset*
calls and pass the new policy to the monitor.  More thought would be needed to
make it inherit across a fork..

-g

> Thanks and Regards,
> LQ

George Anzinger   george@mvista.com
High-res-timers:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/

* Re: Cyclic Scheduling for linux
@ 2003-11-03 23:27 ` George Anzinger
From: George Anzinger @ 2003-11-03 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

He is supposed to do this for a class.  I wonder if the teacher would give extra
credits for grabbing on open source solution instead of writting the code...

But then you did not say the Concurrent thing was open source. :)

-g

@ 2003-11-01  0:32 Albert Cahalan
From: Albert Cahalan @ 2003-11-01  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)