* Re: Status of dpt_i2o? (Adaptec 2110S)
@ 2003-11-16 13:17 Xose Vazquez Perez
From: Xose Vazquez Perez @ 2003-11-16 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, warren

Warren Togami wrote:

> What is the status of dpt_i2o with the 2.6 kernel?  Has any work been
> done to improve its non-x86 arch compatibility?
>
> I am concerned here because my new servers have Adaptec 2110S SCSI RAID
> controllers less than 6 months old, and it appears that as of the next
> release of Fedora Core I will no longer be able to upgrade my servers
> due to the lack of dpt_i2o driver.
>
> I am also disheartened that the dpt_i2o driver never did seem to work in
> alternate architectures.

my last notes about it are:

o dpt_i2o
 - manufacturer: ADAPTEC
 - kernel: 2.4.5
 - latest: 2.5.0
 - arch: i386 ia64 alpha sparc x86_64(amd64)
 - features: highmem_io 64_bit_SG
 - maintainer: <Mark_Salyzyn_AT_adaptec.com>
 - url: http://linux.adaptec.com

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically

* Status of dpt_i2o? (Adaptec 2110S)
@ 2003-11-16  3:41 Warren Togami
From: Warren Togami @ 2003-11-16  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernel

What is the status of dpt_i2o with the 2.6 kernel?  Has any work been
done to improve its non-x86 arch compatibility?

I am concerned here because my new servers have Adaptec 2110S SCSI RAID
controllers less than 6 months old, and it appears that as of the next
release of Fedora Core I will no longer be able to upgrade my servers
due to the lack of dpt_i2o driver.

I am also disheartened that the dpt_i2o driver never did seem to work in
alternate architectures.

Warren Togami
warren@togami.com