* lost SCSI IO
@ 2003-12-08 19:29 NucleoDyne Systems Inc.
From: NucleoDyne Systems Inc. @ 2003-12-08 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I have been developing a SCSI based application and facing hardship due
to lack of  better debugging support in SCSI domain on linux. May be I
am not very familiar with linux scsi subsystem.

 I have a lost IO, sitting somewhere in some queue. The scsi logging
facility has been turned on with : echo "scsi log all" > /proc/scsi/scsi.

The syslog shows that the request has started:
scsi_do_req (host = 0, channel = 0 target = 3, buffer =00000000, bufflen
= 0, d)command : 00  20  00  00  00  00
Leaving scsi_do_req()

The SCSI bus trace does not show any activity.

I guess only way to find out the state of the IO is to put printf and
recompile the kernel. HP-UX had facilities like  lkcd, linux crash dump
analyzer. I used to be called q4. A perl script could be written to
navigate kernel data structures and extract information from them on a
running system. If we had that kind of tool already into linux then
debugging the live system would be easier.

Is there a plan to include lkcd into  default kernel?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-08 19:32 UTC | newest]