* modules in 2.6.0-test11
@ 2003-12-14  4:29 Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2003-12-14  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Ive compilled and installed 2.6.0-test11 on redhat 8 in order to filter
packets based on some patterns in layer 7 (l7-filter.sourceforge.net)

So, ive installed the kernel, and installed module-init-tools-0.9.14 too.

The kernel works fine, all modules too but i have to insert them with insmod
or modprobe, i cannot make that modules became loaded automatically.

Ive compiled the kernel with CONFIG_KMOD=Y

any help?

Thanks

--
A man in black on a snow white horse,
A pointless life has run its course,

* Re: modules in 2.6.0-test11
@ 2003-12-14 11:55 ` Harald Dunkel
From: Harald Dunkel @ 2003-12-14 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexis; +Cc: linux-kernel

Alexis wrote:
> Ive compilled and installed 2.6.0-test11 on redhat 8 in order to filter
> packets based on some patterns in layer 7 (l7-filter.sourceforge.net)
>
> So, ive installed the kernel, and installed module-init-tools-0.9.14 too.
>
> The kernel works fine, all modules too but i have to insert them with insmod
> or modprobe, i cannot make that modules became loaded automatically.
>
> Ive compiled the kernel with CONFIG_KMOD=Y
>
> any help?

I found this in the FAQs (on Debian):

Q) I'm using RedHat and modules don't autoload any more.
A) RedHat turns module autoloading off if /proc/ksyms isn't found.
    Change line 337 of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit from:

   if ! grep -iq nomodules /proc/cmdline 2>/dev/null && [ -f /proc/ksyms ]; then

   if ! grep -iq nomodules /proc/cmdline 2>/dev/null && [ -f /proc/modules ]; then

Hope this helps.

Regards

Harri

* Re: modules in 2.6.0-test11