* [ANNOUNCE] AEM v0.5.3 on kernel 2.6.0
@ 2003-12-18 20:49 Frederic Rossi
From: Frederic Rossi @ 2003-12-18 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

AEM (Asynchronous Event Mechanism) is an extension providing a native
support for asynchronous events in the Linux kernel.

A new package is released for the kernel 2.6.0 including some updates
and corrections.

Package: mod_aem-2.6
Version: v0.5.3

Modules+patches at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aem

Changes:
 * Ported to kernel 2.6.0
 * A new patch (14r4)
 * A few bug fixes in the core module

Frederic

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] AEM v0.5.3 on kernel 2.6.0
@ 2003-12-18 21:46 ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2003-12-18 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederic Rossi; +Cc: linux-kernel

Frederic Rossi wrote:

> AEM (Asynchronous Event Mechanism) is an extension providing a native
> support for asynchronous events in the Linux kernel.

The kernel already supports this, via netlink.

	Jeff

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] AEM v0.5.3 on kernel 2.6.0
@ 2003-12-22  7:33   ` Frederic Rossi
From: Frederic Rossi @ 2003-12-22  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Garzik; +Cc: Frederic Rossi, linux-kernel

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Frederic Rossi wrote:
> >
> > AEM (Asynchronous Event Mechanism) is an extension providing a native
> > support for asynchronous events in the Linux kernel.
>

> The kernel already supports this,

this? you mean crossing the kernel to user space right?

> via netlink.

I can imagine many ways to solve "this", netlink, write data
to the file system, /proc or whatever system calls (read ()?)

For this specific part AEM is using a memory based scheme.
Unless you have something very specific in mind, I don't see
how netlink could be of any help to solve the problem efficiently.

> 	Jeff

Frederic