* auto load modules
@ 2003-12-19  3:56 Brian Walker
From: Brian Walker @ 2003-12-19  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello. I've just upgraded to 2.6.0 from 2.6.0-test6. When I boot my
system, modules that used to load automatically like those for my
soundcard,bttv, and serial ports(aka /dev/ttyS*) are no longer loading.
I've gone as far as upgrading to module-init-tools-0.9.15-pre4 but
nothing makes these modules load automatically anymore. Any ideas?

Brian

* Re: auto load modules
@ 2003-12-19 12:14 ` Jacek Kawa
From: Jacek Kawa @ 2003-12-19 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Walker; +Cc: linux-kernel

Jak podają anonimowe źródła, przepowiedziano, że Brian Walker napisze:

> Hello. I've just upgraded to 2.6.0 from 2.6.0-test6. When I boot my
> system, modules that used to load automatically like those for my
> soundcard,bttv, and serial ports(aka /dev/ttyS*) are no longer loading.
> I've gone as far as upgrading to module-init-tools-0.9.15-pre4 but
> nothing makes these modules load automatically anymore. Any ideas?

as for /dev/ttyS* you will need patch, see:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0312.0/0012.html

bye

--
Jacek Kawa