* hpsb protocol driver: probe callback not called
@ 2004-12-06 11:07 Arne Caspari
From: Arne Caspari @ 2004-12-06 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi List!

I am working on a video-4-linux driver for IEEE-1394 cameras. The driver
exposes a struct ieee1394_device_id table to match devices on a certain
specifier.

If I specify a match for a specifier_id of 0xa02d and a version of
0x100, the "probe" callback supplied via "hpsb_register_protocol" is
never called, even if such a device is connected.

The driver is loaded by "hotplug" though so obviously the match is correct.

Now if I change the supplied specifier_id to match some other device and
leave the rest of the code just alike, the "probe" callback _is_ called.

The only difference between the two situations I can spot is that for
the specifier_id of "0xa02d", there are already two modules registered:
raw1394 and video1394. For the specifier_id of the other device, there
is no other registered driver.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is it really not possible to register
a driver for a device that has a match on some other driver? Or is it
just a bug in the ieee1394 node manager?

Thanks,

 /Arne

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-12-06 11:09 UTC | newest]