* Significance of  variable arguments
@ 2004-12-23 12:37 krishna
From: krishna @ 2004-12-23 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

Hi All,

Can any one tell me a source which explains the significance of variable
arguments.

eg : struct task_struct *kthread_create(int (*threadfn)(void *data),
                                   void *data,
                                   const char namefmt[],
                                   ...)
Regards,
Krishna Chaitanya

* Re: Significance of  variable arguments
@ 2004-12-23 14:07 ` bert hubert
From: bert hubert @ 2004-12-23 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: krishna; +Cc: Linux Kernel

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 06:07:05PM +0530, krishna wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can any one tell me a source which explains the significance of variable
> arguments.

This is like printf, execl etc etc. Common C usage to pass variable number
of arguments, or even variable types.

* Re: Significance of  variable arguments
@ 2004-12-23 14:53 ` Dick Streefland
From: Dick Streefland @ 2004-12-23 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

krishna <krishna.c@globaledgesoft.com> wrote:
| Can any one tell me a source which explains the significance of variable
| arguments.
|
| eg : struct task_struct *kthread_create(int (*threadfn)(void *data),
|                                    void *data,
|                                    const char namefmt[],
|                                    ...)

man stdarg

--
Dick Streefland                      ////                      Altium BV
dick.streefland@altium.nl           (@ @)          http://www.altium.com

* Re: Significance of  variable arguments
@ 2004-12-23 15:22   ` krishna
From: krishna @ 2004-12-23 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dick Streefland; +Cc: linux-kernel

Thank you very much.