* zlib or crypto ?
@ 2005-01-24 12:43 Ian Norton
From: Ian Norton @ 2005-01-24 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I'm trying to write a module that uses deflate, I'm wondering which is the best
point to use the zlib functions from, crypto.h or zlib.h

i only need to compress data of about 4k in size,

any suggesions?

Regards

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls

* Re: zlib or crypto ?
@ 2005-01-24 12:55 ` Raphael Jacquot
From: Raphael Jacquot @ 2005-01-24 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Norton; +Cc: linux-kernel

Ian Norton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a module that uses deflate, I'm wondering which is the best
> point to use the zlib functions from, crypto.h or zlib.h
>
> i only need to compress data of about 4k in size,
>
> any suggesions?
>
> Regards
>
> Ian

shouldn't there be only one copy of zlib in the entire kernel ???