* Loopback mounting from a file with a partition table?
@ 2005-01-22  1:45 Dan Stromberg
From: Dan Stromberg @ 2005-01-22  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Has anyone tried loopback mounting individual partitions from within a
file that contains a partition table?

When I mount -o loop the file, I seem to get the first partition in the
file, but I don't see anything in the man page for mount that indicates a
way of getting any other partitions from a file with a partition table.

Any comments?

Thanks!

* Re: Loopback mounting from a file with a partition table?
@ 2005-01-22  4:42 ` kernel
From: kernel @ 2005-01-22  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 20:45, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> Has anyone tried loopback mounting individual partitions from within a
> file that contains a partition table?

Yes, lots of folks.

> When I mount -o loop the file, I seem to get the first partition in the
> file, but I don't see anything in the man page for mount that indicates a
> way of getting any other partitions from a file with a partition table.
>
> Any comments?

Sure, find the starting offset for the filesystem and pass that to mount
via the '-o offset=XXX' flag.

regards,

-fd

www.farmerdude.com

* Re: Loopback mounting from a file with a partition table?
@ 2005-01-24 14:56 ` P
From: P @ 2005-01-24 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Stromberg; +Cc: linux-kernel

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2005-01/msg00077.html