* Well, powersaving weirdness.
@ 2005-02-23 22:56 zhilla
From: zhilla @ 2005-02-23 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Not the most clever subject, I agree :)

hell, i'm not sure if this is a KERNEL bug. but it definitely is an
annoyance, so...
distro is slackware 10.
i have a small script i run every time i connect to the internet (and i
connect via dial-up when )
this is one command in the script:
/usr/sbin/ntpdate zg1.ntp.carnet.hr
well, as my bios battery is a bit weak, hardware clock resets to its
defaults when computer is powerless for few minutes.
ok, i fire it up, time is set to something like ie 0:01:15 1/1/2003,
connect to the net, it sets the time ie. 23:46:23 23/02/2005... and its
monitor off! puff, powersaving (is that in acpi? apm?) suddenly decides
that computer is left untouched for more 2-3 years now and initiates
powersaving mode. ok, not a big problem, but somehow i think it IS a
easily fixable small kernel bug... if i'm wrong, please direct  me to
the right place to report this? thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-02-23 22:59 UTC | newest]