* Problems building
@ 2006-01-18  0:45 Gain Paolo Mureddu
From: Gain Paolo Mureddu @ 2006-01-18  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Problems building
@ 2006-01-18  1:01 ` Con Kolivas
From: Con Kolivas @ 2006-01-18  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:45 am, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>     For some reason I am getting a strange message when I try to build
> either -ck1 or 2, another message I tried to send to the list seems to
> not have gotten where I intended to, I'm quoting that message here also:

The list is filtered due to my minimal resources and inability to have any
formal spam filtering so only members or approved emails get through and
everything else silently dropped. Sorry about any inconvenience. I've added
your email to accept and cc'ed the mailing list now.

> Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> > So I have been struggling to get this kernel built, and apparently
> > I've narrowed this down to the sched_iso3.2 and/or isobatch_ionice
> > patches, however I can't be fully certain. Here is what is dumped
> > to the console, I've gotten two dumps, this and one concerning
> > sched.o, which I am still investigating. So here goes the dump:
> >
> > <build_dump> .... [snip] CC init/do_mounts_md.o In file included
> > from include/linux/bio.h:25, from include/linux/blkdev.h:14, from
> > include/linux/raid/md.h:21, from init/do_mounts_md.c:2:
> > include/linux/ioprio.h: En la función ?task_nice_ioprio?:
> > include/linux/ioprio.h:58: error: ?SCHED_BATCH? not declared here
> > (first use in this function) include/linux/ioprio.h:58: error:
> > (Each undeclared identifier is only reported once
> > include/linux/ioprio.h:58: error: for each function it appears in.)
> > include/linux/ioprio.h:60: error: ?SCHED_ISO? not declared here
> > (first use in this function) make[1]: *** [init/do_mounts_md.o]
> > Error 1 make: *** [init] Error 2 </build_dump> Anyone else with
> > troubles in x86_64 systems?
> >
> > TIA!
>
> I get the same error, thus far I know that the file in question
> (iprio.h) inclues sched.h and that in sched.h SCHED_BATCH and
> SCHED_ISO are defined, so why am I getting this error in the said
> function, is beyond me.
>
> Any pointers?

These errors do not occur with the full patch. Are you using any split patches
or just the full patch? Separating out patches is not a trivial thing to do.

Cheers,
Con

* Re: [ck] Re: Problems building
@ 2006-01-18  1:11   ` Gain Paolo Mureddu
From: Gain Paolo Mureddu @ 2006-01-18  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Con Kolivas, linux-kernel

Con Kolivas wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:45 am, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>
>> For some reason I am getting a strange message when I try to
>> build either -ck1 or 2, another message I tried to send to the
>> list seems to not have gotten where I intended to, I'm quoting
>> that message here also:
>

> The list is filtered due to my minimal resources and inability to
> have any formal spam filtering so only members or approved emails
> get through and everything else silently dropped. Sorry about any
> inconvenience. I've added your email to accept and cc'ed the
> mailing list now.
>
>> Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>>
>>> So I have been struggling to get this kernel built, and
>>> apparently I've narrowed this down to the sched_iso3.2 and/or
>>> isobatch_ionice patches, however I can't be fully certain. Here
>>> is what is dumped to the console, I've gotten two dumps, this
>>> and one concerning sched.o, which I am still investigating. So
>>> here goes the dump:
>>>
>>> <build_dump> .... [snip] CC init/do_mounts_md.o In file
>>> included from include/linux/bio.h:25, from
>>> include/linux/blkdev.h:14, from include/linux/raid/md.h:21,
>>> from init/do_mounts_md.c:2: include/linux/ioprio.h: En la
>>> función ?task_nice_ioprio?: include/linux/ioprio.h:58: error:
>>> ?SCHED_BATCH? not declared here (first use in this function)
>>> include/linux/ioprio.h:58: error: (Each undeclared identifier
>>> is only reported once include/linux/ioprio.h:58: error: for
>>> each function it appears in.) include/linux/ioprio.h:60: error:
>>> ?SCHED_ISO? not declared here (first use in this function)
>>> make[1]: *** [init/do_mounts_md.o] Error 1 make: *** [init]
>>> Error 2 </build_dump> Anyone else with troubles in x86_64
>>> systems?
>>>
>>> TIA!
>>
>> I get the same error, thus far I know that the file in question
>> (iprio.h) inclues sched.h and that in sched.h SCHED_BATCH and
>> SCHED_ISO are defined, so why am I getting this error in the said
>> function, is beyond me.
>>
>> Any pointers?
>

> These errors do not occur with the full patch. Are you using any
> split patches or just the full patch? Separating out patches is not
> a trivial thing to do.
>
> Cheers, Con

I'm using the broken-out tree as I am trying to integrate the patches
into a custom Fedora Kernel (basically Fedora's kernel patches, with
CK added), and given the nature of RPM build (well not that, but the
way the .speck is put together for Fedora) I chose to go with the
broken out tree and apply most patches (those which are not repeted)
one by one. I apparently found out what the problem was: for some
reason schedbatch and schediso were failing at placing the #define's
in place for SCHED_BATCH and SCHED_ISO in sched.h, an easy fix when
done by hand, directly to the file in question. I am trying to see how
to merge these two into one, but you're right, I may be off better
going with the "full" version rather than the broken-out (it's given
me more head-aches than it is apparently worth having! hehe)

Thanks for your reply and for adding my e-mail, Con. I thought this
e-mail address was already allowed to send e-mail to the list...