* How to Switch DMA off for only one Harddisk at Kernelboot
@ 2007-12-16 18:06 Oliver Joa
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Oliver Joa @ 2007-12-16 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

how can I tell the kernel not to probe DMA for a specific harddisk (e.g.
hda). My first Drive (hda) is a Compact-Flash Card which can not do DMA.
The kernel tries at boot to switch to DMA but fails. If I use ide=nodma,
the kernel boots about 2 minutes faster, but then I can not switch on
DMA for the second Drive (hdc) which is a normal Harddisk. Do I have to
live with this 2 minutes waiting time or is there another solution? I
did not find any kernel-parameter for this purpose.

Sorry if I ask here, but I can not find any solution, and I asked
already in other groups.

Thank you very much

Olli