* Understanding libata error messages
@ 2008-03-27 16:37 Jeff Garzik
       [not found] ` <47EBE211.1050802@kcore.org>
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2008-03-27 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
that libata spits out into your dmesg:

http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages

	Jeff

* Re: Understanding libata error messages
@ 2008-03-27 16:53 ` Randy Dunlap
       [not found] ` <47EBE211.1050802@kcore.org>
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2008-03-27 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:37:48 -0400 Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
> that libata spits out into your dmesg:
>
> http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages

Good stuff, thanks.

Should we add this URL somewhere in Documentation/ ?
Any suggestions where?

---
~Randy

@ 2008-03-27 18:51   ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2008-03-27 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan De Luyck wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
>> that libata spits out into your dmesg:
>>
>> http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages
>
> Is this url still operational? It gives me a 404...

Give it another try, an admin tried (and then reverted) a quick experiment.

Sorry!

       [not found] <fa.lASp3VWtFhbl2bGy0e6Via5Dnvs@ifi.uio.no>
@ 2008-03-28  4:53 ` Robert Hancock
From: Robert Hancock @ 2008-03-28  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> I wrote a new wiki page that assists users in understanding the goop
> that libata spits out into your dmesg:
>
> http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Libata_error_messages
>

>     Jeff

I added some more info on the ATA Error and SError expansions that can
sometimes show up.