* Capability to do correct frequency throttling and PM when the cpufreq drivers are compiled into kernel
@ 2009-03-13 13:45 Ozan Çağlayan
From: Ozan Çağlayan @ 2009-03-13 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Is the mainline kernel fully capable of detecting the processor model/family for
using the correct power management stuff when all the cpufreq, powernow*, acpi_processor,
etc. are made into kernel instead of loadable modules?

Or more precisely, can we get totally rid of the userspace init scripts which probes, loads, tweaks power management modules by parsing some /proc files, when we make them in-kernel?

Ozan Çağlayan
<ozan_at_pardus.org.tr>

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-03-13 13:47 UTC | newest]