* your patch "x86, olpc: Rework BIOS signature check"
@ 2010-11-26 13:18 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2010-11-26 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dsd; +Cc: linux-kernel, hpa

... adds a select of OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE to the OLPC option,
which contradicts OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE itself depending on
!X86_64 && !X86_PAE. Are the latter dependencies not necessary
anymore (the X86_64 one wasn't very meaningful anyway, since
these options all sit inside a "if X86_32"), or should the select be
conditional?

Also, how meaningful is having OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE on but OLPC
off (i.e. can OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE perhaps go away altogether)?

Thanks, Jan

* Re: your patch "x86, olpc: Rework BIOS signature check"
@ 2010-11-26 20:34 ` Daniel Drake
From: Daniel Drake @ 2010-11-26 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Beulich; +Cc: linux-kernel, hpa

Hi Jan,

On 26 November 2010 13:18, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@novell.com> wrote:
> ... adds a select of OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE to the OLPC option,
> which contradicts OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE itself depending on
> !X86_64 && !X86_PAE. Are the latter dependencies not necessary
> anymore (the X86_64 one wasn't very meaningful anyway, since
> these options all sit inside a "if X86_32"), or should the select be
> conditional?
>
> Also, how meaningful is having OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE on but OLPC
> off (i.e. can OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE perhaps go away altogether)?

Yeah, having reached this point we think OLPC_OPENFIRMWARE should be
merged into CONFIG_OLPC. I'll submit a patch soon.

Daniel