* Accessing CD-Writer Causes Freeze
@ 2001-11-06  4:09 Ben Pharr - Lists
From: Ben Pharr - Lists @ 2001-11-06  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

When accessing my CD Writer (/dev/scd0) in any way, my machine completely
freezes. The reset button on the machine won't even turn it off. I have to
pull the cord out of the back of the machine to get it to go off. This
happens anytime I attempt to burn or mount a CD in this drive. It has been
happening since about 2.4.9 and goes up through 2.4.14. I know 2.4.5 works,
but I'm not sure about the status of the kernels between the two. No error
messages are printed and no logs are written to. My CD burner is a Samsung
SW-408B. I am running Debian Testing.

Ben Pharr
ben@benpharr.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-11-06  4:10 UTC | newest]