* wake_up from interrupt handler
@ 2002-10-07 12:41 Amol Lad
From: Amol Lad @ 2002-10-07 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,
 I have a kernel thread which did add_to_wait_queue()
to wait for an event.
The event for which above thread is waiting occurs in
an interrupt handler that calls wake_up() to wake the
above thread.
Now I am faced with a 'lost wakeup' problem, in which
the
kernel thread checks whether event occured, he finds
it to be 'not-occured' but before calling
add_to_wait_queue(), interrupt handler detects that
the event has occured and calls wake_up().
My thread sleeps forever.

I know some new APIs are provided in recent 2.5
kernel, but how to avoid this in 2.4.18

please CC me

Thanks
Amol